Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello Saturday

Well today isn't TECHNICALLY Saturday, but it is mine. (:

This past week I have worked 24 hours at the pet salon, 15 hours at Jamba, helped my mom with random chores, did 9+ hours of homework, AND read 3 books. Yeah, you can be amazed. haha.

Enough with my pride, the books I read were amazing! Oh my! I am finally glad I found something I could get through. I guess once I hit college I thought I had to read "adult books" but I don't. I am not going to explain the books I read because I am terrible at that. So I will just name them: Looking For Alaska by John Green and the first two books of the wake trilogy: Wake & Fade by Lisa McMann. From there I went to the library website and put on a hold on a bunch of books. I have been inspired to read the Uglies series thanks to an amazing review by Miss. Briana Fagan. (: So I am stoked to start those.


Hmmm. In other news...nothing really. From my scripture study there is a scripture that has really stood out in my mind.

Matthew 14:24 And Again I say unto you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

This made me think about how I see money and material things in my life. I always want more or think I need more. Sometimes it is overwhelming and I do not feel like I am worth much but I need to remember the Heavenly Father and Christ will be there for me and when I am obedient than I will be blessed. Good, huh?

Well these is short but I am off to clean my room, read, and do some more homework! I have to do a podcast for my english class called "This I believe..." I just need to figure out what I believe in!!

4 comments:

  1. "Matthew 14:24 And Again I say unto you it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

    kinda makes you wonder why most of the rich, white, Republican conservatives consider themselves "Christian." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I love John Green! He has such an interesting personality that shows through his writing! And Uglies is really good, too!

    I felt the same way about books. Like I was an adult now, so I need to stop reading young adult books. But trying to cut ties with them all together didn't work. They give me too much joy and entertainment! So I'm back to just reading whatever I want to read :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably not - the scriptures have been edited so many times that no one has any idea what the fake historical authors were trying to mean.

    ReplyDelete