Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cycling, Jamba, and FINAL GRADES

Well, today I started the day off with a good ole fashion cycling class. Overall, it was a great class. I absolutely adored it, the only thing missing was my lovely roommates! Now, for the ranting. The instructor, Cher (or something like that), reminded me of Brittney from the Girl version of the Chipmunks. Aside from the crazy instructor, I am surrounded by 10 middle aged mothers working to look good so their husbands will look at them and stop checking out their babysitter. Don't forget about the one mom who is organizing a mini-triathlon. Just thinking about competing makes me sick. On top of that the music was unfit. After Cher squealing about Madonna, we were able to enjoy hits from Jonas Brothers (because her daughters probably listen to them) and Pitbull. If you don't know the Pitbull song, I know you want me, and don't know Spanish I highly suggest you look it up before you go jamming out to it. haha.

After a lunch with my Mom and Sister Hall from Mays Pond at Bostons, I had the pleasure to visit the Everett Jamba Juice. What do you know, I got my job back!! Those exclamation marks are sarcasm. I love Jamba, it is probably the most fun I have had at a job but I am looking for more. Which brings me to the next problem I have; summer jobs. I have applied to at least 10 places this week and all I get is Jamba back. I recently got a job offer in Colville, Washington as a nanny for an old family from Mays Pond. I love these kids and I used to watch them 3 times a week in high school and the pay is amazing! 600 every two weeks, 1200 a month, for 3 months. But is it worth being away from my family? This is where I am going to really have to pray! I have learned though that the Lord isn't going to give you all the answers but we need to decide what to do. But dang, someone just decide for me!! Or not...

Movie of the Day:
An Education
This is an Indie Film about a girl, Jenny, who is trying to figure out what to do with her life and on the way she meets a man, David, who shows her the "finer things" in life. While living in the moment she finds out some dark secrets about David and soon has to make some rash decisions. I am really bad at explaining movies so I will stop there but I highly recommend this movie. I fell in love and wanted to be in real love. It made me reflect what I am doing and realize that an education is important. Look out for:
Peter Sarsgaard (Garden State) and Dominic Cooper (Mama Mia).

Music of the Day:
I have a new favorite country group: Fast Ryde!
I espeically enjoyed "Top Down". This duo used this super cool effect that R&B/rap (T-Pain, maybe) artists use to make thier voice all funky fun! I love how music genres can mix and mash and be enjoyed by many. I might even have to go BUY this album. I know, crazy. So if you are looking for a kick-ace summer defiantly check out these super cute boys, I mean men. (:

Grades:
Kicked some textbook butt this semester: 3.7, making an overall 3.0. If I do super well on my summer classes, and I know I will, my GPA should raise more! This semester I actually TRIED and didn't miss any classes, which helps a lot. It could have been better but Ursla, Home and Family Management, is psycho and grades her own special way. Thank goodness for retirement!
And the class that I thought I would get a B in I got an A-. Pretty sweet. I am so stoked for this fall. I am going to start classes for my major!

Well, good night! I need to get plenty of rest. Tomorrow is the grand opening of the Monroe Goodwill. I know, how can I even think about sleeping?!?! (:

1 comment:

  1. the "super cool effect" is called auto-tune. singers can't hit notes EXACTLY right, so auto-tune takes the notes that somebody sings and makes them digitally perfect, which is why it sounds so trippy and almost robotic. there's your lesson for the day :)

    ReplyDelete