Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello Summer!

I have been home for 48 hours and so far I have cleaned, unpacked, applied for jobs, and caught up on sleeping. In the middle of that I was inspired, inspired to do this blog. Now, you might not understand but I truly love blogs. I read them weekly but I never make them. I never have anything to say. This summer will be different. My goal is to keep up with my activities here. Whether it is movies, books, shows, trips, jobs, WHATEVER! And this time I am going to do it!!


Now my inspiration was kind of silly, it came from Julie & Julia. This movie was so cute and great! I heard it was confusing but I thought it was wonderful. It made me sad that Julie never got to meet Julia, but the inspiration was amazing. Feeling lost and finding your way with some simple thing, like cooking, was a great story. The next part of my inspiration came from my dear roommate, Kendal Titus , her blog is just so cute and has fun things. I want to kind of copy that but put my own flair into it, so we will see how this works out.

Song of the Day:
Fetus By Nas
Now honestly, I am not normally a "rap kind of girl", but Jeff Lunt made me this amazing mix rap CD and I cannot get over this song. Nas is rapping about being in his mother's womb and that journey. It is pretty amazing, I would never think about these things. In the "chrous" he says, " I shot my way out my mom.." To me this says he came out ready to go. He was born for greatness. I would highly recommend this song to anyone. As words from Jeff, "Nas is one of the best. He's not a rap artist, he's a poetic lyricist." And I fully heartly agree with that.


Book in Progress:
Today I went to the library and this one doesnt have a 3rd floor so I actually went for a purpose. When I was younger I would get in trouble in school for reading during class. Who gets in trouble for that?? Well now that I am older I dont read as much so this summer that all will change. I WILL read and I WILL enjoy it. (: Okay so the book to kick it off is going to be, Treasure Island By Robert Louis Stevenson and I am sure it will be better than Muppet Treasure Island.


Helping Mom:
Finally, this summer I am dedicating myself to helping my mom as much as I can. We have decided to take it one room at a time. Since my mom went to Germany for my Opa's funeral this past semester things got a little hetic and I am glad to be back to help her get back on her feet. Today we cleaned the formal living room. It looks super nice! I cannot wait to curl up with a book in there! I wish we had a family picture to out in there! That would seal the deal!

Well that is it for this first post. I am going to try to keep up with it and my updates are going tp change. Like what I hope to do and such. I think the best thing is to wing it. peeeace!



4 comments:

  1. you say "now" a lot when you write. it is funny, because it makes this blog post seem formal.

    i doubt that book could possibly be better than muppet treasure island. that movie is kickass.

    anyway. enough criticism. i like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go mouse. keep up the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, I didn't know you were already home! We need to hang out this summer!

    And Treasure Island was one of my favorite books! I got yelled at by that crazy black science teacher that had broken arms for reading it during class :]

    I hope you keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete