Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Ghost Coon

Well, here I am again! I bet you were worried. But don’t be!

Today was a pretty swell day. I didn’t start the day off feeling like P-Diddy but I did start it off with a bath! Baths are just so great, like bathing in the clouds!

My roommate at school, Jessica, always took baths. We thought it was weird but then one day she told us she prefers them over showers and we should try it. Little did she know she would soon have to fight for the bath with the rest of us!

Chore of the day:

This summer I am really dedicated to getting work done for my Mom. I need to stop being such a lazy bum because I know I can do it! Today I cleaned the laundry room. I did a million loads of laundry and cleaned out dog food. My mom can even tell you I hate the smell of dog food and I hate matching socks, two things I got over.


This little nook my mom wants to make into a wrapping paper station. Pretty darn cleaver. My mom is probably the best gift wrapper and someday I hope to be as well!!

Summer Goal:
I want to get through all the living scriptures. For those who don’t know whT those are click here. Overall, it is a series of movies for the scriptures! Saturday Morning Cartoons just got Spiritual! But seriously, we have had the whole series for years and have never touched them. This summer, that will change. I will go through the Book of Mormon, Old and New Testament, Prophets, and church documentaries. I have never so excited! Today I watched: Nephi and the Brass Plates, The Tree of Life, and Abinadi and King Noah.

The Tree of Life really got to me. Seeing people leave the rod and saying how the rod was holding them back made me so sad. It made me realize that sometimes I feel the same, I don’t need the rod (God’s word) and think I can do it by myself. That isn’t true, I need Him and I need the word. I know that these movies will help me keep the spirit. I always think I can watch bad media and other things and be okay but I am wrong. When I watch the things I shouldn’t my mind wonders and it shouldn’t. I believe these movies will help me “hold to the rod”.

Family History:
Ever since my family history class I took in the fall, I have such a testimony of this work. What a wonderful thing to do and keep up with. Recently, my Opa died and my mom went to Germany for a month. Before that all happened I called my mom after class and told her that we needed to keep my Opa’s journals in our family. She thought I was crazy to be thinking about that but I knew that it needed to be said. Now being back she has some of them and even got some more information to add to our tree!! Also some neat pictures and special items that can be passed down. She gave me from my Oma, a 4-leaf clover, white gold, necklace that I absolutely love AND an owl ring that was my Opa’s. How beautiful. These are two new treasures that I will add to my collection.



Tomorrow I am going to attempt to get up to go early morning cycling. Then I am going to Jamba to get my job back and do some other random things. For now, I will finish watching “Where the Red Fern Grows” (Disney edition with Dave Matthews) and probably cry my eyes out.

2 comments:

  1. Aisha! I am going to read your blog on the regular! Also tomorrow come see me I have been excited that I might get to see you ALL DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It made me realize that sometimes I feel the same, I don’t need the rod (God’s word) and think I can do it by myself. That isn’t true, I need Him and I need the word."

    i know we've already talked about this at great length, so i won't rant. i just wish you could realize that you CAN do it by yourself. everyone is strong enough for it if they could only let themselves be :)

    dangit. i've commented on both posts now. i'll stop stalking.

    ReplyDelete