Saturday, July 3, 2010

Half Dressed and Ready to Go!

Yep! You read that right! I am half dressed and i need to leave in 15 minutes or less for another day at the pet salon. While I was getting the half ready I was thinking how much I love my job (well, I love love both but this is about the salon)! I might complain and get annoyed but I really do enjoy it! It is so fun and I am always learning something new about dogs and cats. I love seeing how much people love their pets. Yesterday, this lady kept telling me how much she loves her BEAUTIFUL, golden retriever, Shadow. Seeing her face when he was done was amazing. I think that's my favorite part of the job, seeing the customer's face. I really do enjoy customer service and giving all that I can. Sure, I can some mean people but that one kind customer makes it all worth it!

So for a cute story. There is this golden that comes in regularly and everytime I forget that he does this but it is so cute. So as the receptionist I get to check in the dogs (figure out what they are getting done), help groomers, order lunches, laundry, retail, general clean up, check dogs out, and whatever else. Well, when you do check out, you grab the dog's card and you figure out the charges. You tell the owner how good their dog was (99% of the time I am honest) and how cute I think it is! You ring up the charges and if there is retail. Then you go back and get the dog out of the kennel and bring 'em out! Well this golden doesn't push me down, he doesn't run to the gate, overall, he is very polite. However! Once that gate is open and he sees Daddy he is OOOFFF!! He grabs the leash out of my hand and runs ready to go. Everytime it makes me laugh!! Have you ever seen a golden do that?!?! I have not!! I love that dog.

Well I need to get my other half ready and out the door. This time I am going to keep this blogging up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment